Finding a State Job
The State of Illinois provides job opportunities in a wide range of occupations and titles. The State actively recruits applicants with disabilities and is an affirmative action employer for people with disabilities.
Applicants with disabilities can apply for rehabilitation service and job assistance through the Illinois Department of Human Services’ Division of Rehabilitation Services.
In addition, applicants with disabilities, who are Division of Rehabilitation Services’ customers, can test for jobs and have their names appear on Successful Disability Opportunities (SD) program lists.
State Websites for Job Search
Note: The following entities conduct their own hiring. Applicants can contact the agency in question for further information regarding employment.
- Illinois Attorney General’s Office
- Illinois Comptroller’s Office
- Illinois Lieutenant Governor’s Office
- Illinois Secretary of State’s Office
- Illinois Treasurer’s Office
- State Board of Education
- Illinois Tollway
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Illinois State Police, for Sworn positions
- Office of the Executive Inspector General
- State Board of Elections
- Illinois Commerce Commission
- Teachers’ Retirement System
- Illinois Auditor General’s Office