ICED is an Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities with the following members:
- Department of Human Rights Director or designee, ICED Co- Chair
- Department of Human Services Secretary or designee, ICED Co-Chair
- The Lieutenant Governor or designee
- The Attorney General or designee
- The Secretary of State or designee
- The Comptroller or designee
- The Treasurer of designee
- Department of Central Management Services Director or designee
- Department of Veterans Affairs Director or designee
- Council on Developmental Disabilities Director or designee
- Civil Service Commission Chairperson or designee
- Seven State Employees with Disabilities appointed by the Governor
An individual who wishes to serve as one of the 7 statutory members of the Committee appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the Governor must be a State employee with a disability. "State employee" as defined in the statute is an employee of a State agency. "State agency" means all officers, boards, commissions, and agencies created by the Constitution in the executive branch; all officers, departments, boards, commission, agencies, institutions, authorities, universities, bodies politic and corporate of the State; and administrative units or corporate outgrowths of the State government which are created by or pursuant to statute, other than units of local government and their officers, school districts, and boards of election commissioners; all administrative units and corporate outgrowths of the above and as may be created by executive order of the Governor.
If you meet the qualifications, you can nominate yourself for consideration from the Governor for appointment to the Committee by completing the nomination form found on the website for The Governor's Office of Executive Appointments. Under "Board or Commission Name," ICED is listed as "Employees with Disabilities, Interagency Committee on."